It is important that you check with the Council’s licencing department whether your event requires a permit by contacting them as soon as possible.

Under the Licensing Act 2003 the following activities will require a licence:

  • the sale by retail of alcohol
  • the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to order of, a member of a club
  • the provision of late-night refreshment
  • the provision of regulated entertainment

Find out more information about activities which may require a licence or certificate;